Image courtesy of Yayoi Kusama
DJ Premier Productions & Remixes 1993~2000.18tracks/78minutes/320kbps/166mb. ZIP
Other than date restriction, a rather arbitrary selection of remixes, productions and co-productions from DJ Premier. All together in a zipped folder.
* Personal favourites?. I like Chubb Rock’s verse on the Crooklyn Dodgers cut the most, O.C & Jeru strong on that track too. The Group Home & Special Ed tracks are up there.
Obviously on the surface of it the presence of Robbie Robertson looks out of place, but I reckon it fits in with the flow on the CD. When I was whittling down what tracks I should stick on, I couldn’t leave it out.
1. Big Shug – Treat U Better. 1995/4m03s/9.3mb/320kbps
2. Robbie Robertson – Take Your Partner By The Hand (DJ Premier Red Alert Remix). 1997/6m39s/15.2mb/320kbps
3. D & D Allstars – 1, 2, Pass It Featuring Mad Lion, Doug E. Fresh, KRS-One, Fat Joe, Smif-n-Wessun, Jeru the Damaja. 1995/4m41s/10.7mb/320kbps
4. Guru Featuring Chaka Khan – Watch What You Say. 1995/4m39s/10.6mb/320kbps
5. Jeru The Damaja – Me Or The Papes. 1996/4m25s/10.1mb/320kbps
6. Showbiz & AG – Next Level (DJ Premier Nyte Time Mix). 1995/4m10s/9.6mb/320kbps
7. Group Home – 2 Thousand. 1995/3m19s/7.6mb/320kbps
8. Common – The 6th Sense. 2000/4m06s/9.4mb/320kbps
9. KRS-One – Higher Level. 1993/5m02s/11.5mb/320kbps
10. Jay-Z – A Million And One Questions/Rhyme No More. 1997/3m03s/7mb/320bps
11. The Notorious B.I.G. – Unbelievable. 1994/3m44s/8.7mb/320kbps
12. O.C. – My World. 1997/4m16s./9.8mb/320kbps
13. The Crooklyn Dodgers (MkII) – Return Of The Crooklyn Dodgers Featuring Chubb Rock, O.C. & Jeru The Damaja. 1995/5m05s/11.6mb/320kbps
Chubb Rock’s verse;
Now clock, kids, who got the cocaine?
Don’t tell me it’s the little kids on Soul Train
The meta-force it I put my brain to my jaw
It comes from other places, not the tinted faces
Journalistic values are yellow and then of course falters
You watch Channel Zero with that BITCH Barbara Walters
She’ll have you believe black invented crack
When President Lyndon had the formula way back in sixty-three
with Kennedy, yes the double cross
Remember that’s when they blew his fucking head off!
Vietnam vets come back looking like one-armed pets
Nixon bombs, here attached
No picket fence, no job, no Hazel in the car
Blue collar turns to bourgeoise
Depressed in your chest, Demarol for sess
Low dough, crack in veils much less
White Tee can sell on the corners of Bushwick
White Tee can sell on the corners of Flatbush
White Tees can sell on the corners of Bed-Stuy
Pass the torch to that nigga guy
So just DIE, nigga, DIE, nigga
You’re too black, you’re can’t handle you’re too strong
get high, fly clock next boost ya steal
In ninety-five we take back Ebbets Field…
14. Fat Joe – This Shit Is Real (DJ Premier Remix). 1994./4m36s/10.6mb/320kbps
15. Ed O.G. – Sayin’ Somethin’. 2000./3m52s/8.9mb/320kbps
16. Nas – N.Y. State Of Mind. 1994/4m52s/11.2mb/320kbps
17. Afu-Ra – Whirlwind Through Cities. 2000/3m57s/9.1mb/320kbps
18. Special Ed. Freaky Flow (DJ Premier Remix). 1996/3m59s/9.1mb/320kbps.
Strap you down, slap you around, call you Susan, use and abusin..
Call you Susan?